Shop by Category
Stray Dog Squat Stations
Whether it's training for high school and college sports, CrossFit, bodybuilding, personal health, or Olympic competition, squat-related exercises are an essential part of the workout routine. The Equipment Guys are a leading source to buy squat racks online, offering top-quality products with a range of customizable options. We offer solutions for home gyms and commercial facilities that are built to last and perform to the highest standards.
Types of Squat Racks
There are many different types of equipment and systems to assist in performing squats safely and effectively. Two-piece, free-standing squat racks are generally used for gyms with limited space because of their portability and are suitable for lighter weight workouts.
More robust squat racks consisting of two vertical posts with an upright overhead bar can handle more weight and are exceptionally sturdy and safe. Comprehensive power rack systems also serve as a squat station in addition to a variety of other uses.
How to Choose a Squat Rack
When selecting equipment for your gym, athletic center or fitness studio, there are many factors to take into consideration. In addition to how much room you have within your space, you should also determine the optimal weight capacity, necessary durability, and any other special features you require.
For a home gym and moderate workouts, a lightweight, standalone squat rack is ideal, while a robust squat rack station is a better choice for a college weight room or CrossFit training facility.
Building a Rack Station
The Equipment Guys offer the ability to create a rack station that fits your unique specifications. We carry multiple series of Stray Dog Strength rack systems that start as a stripped down baseline product that can be added to or altered depending on the needs of your gym. Choose from single, double, half, or full racks custom-configured with a broad range of attachments and accessories, including:
- Bolt-on bar storage
- Lat pull down / selectoized or plate loaded
- Straight and arched chin-up bars
- Fat bar connectors
- Ferris wheel handles
- Wrestlers twists
- Split squat station
- Foot braces, dip bars, and more
If you're not exactly sure what you need, our experienced team can help identify the products that meet your requirements. We are capable of custom-designing a freestanding squat rack or integrated squat station for your particular exercise space. The Equipment Guys also offer fitness center design services for home and commercial gyms.
Squat Rack Exercises
It’s always advised to warm up before a workout, and you can even do that with your squat rack. Simply attach a band or even a towel around the squat stand and stretch away.
Here are 8 exercises you do with squat racks:
- Back Squats (Strength) – Target quads; also work calves, glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
- Negative Pull-Ups (Strength) – Target lats; also work biceps and middle back
- Push Presses (Olympic Weightlifting) – Target shoulders; also work quads and triceps
- Floor Presses (Powerlifting) – Target triceps; also work chest and shoulders
- Skullcrushers (Strength) – Target triceps
- Good Mornings (Powerlifting) – Target hamstrings; also work abs, glutes, and lower back
- Ab Rollouts (Strength) – Target abs; also work lower back and shoulders
- Power Cleans (Strength) – Target hamstrings; also work calves, forearms, glutes, lower/middle back, quads, shoulders, traps, and triceps
Whether you’re a pro or a novice, this should be plenty to get you going on your muscle-building and/or weight-loss journey.
If you have any questions about our squat racks, feel free to give us a call or stop by our shop in Newark Ohio; we’ll be happy to help in any way we can!
Shop Our Selection of Squat Rack Stations Online
Whether you're in the market for barbell squat racks, powerlifting squat racks or any other stands and stations, the Equipment Guys have you covered. We're an ideal place to buy squat racks online, and we offer everything you're looking for in a convenient and reliable source. When you shop for exercise equipment with us, you benefit from:
- Easy-to-navigate website and secure checkout
- Extensive selection of premium products and accessories
- Competitive prices and free quotes on custom services
- Industry-leading product knowledge and technical expertise
Contact us for more information and to request assistance placing an order for a standalone squat rack today.