The first step to designing your new sports performance facility is to first understand what we mean by a sports performance facility. Traditionally this is called a “weight room” it is a place where you lift heavy things to increase your strength. As training and athletics have evolved the “weight room” has grow into a sports performance facility where teams and athletes hone their skills on the three pillars of sports performance success; physiological, psychological, and sport skills. Stray Dog evolutionary equipment combined with Equipment Guys 23 years of experience can help you design a sports performance facility to help your athletes preform better on the field!
Having a layout designed to fit your program is the most important element of your sports performance room. Therefore we utilize our 2d CAD software to work with you to design the layout and functionality of your room before any equipment enters your building. We look at it as an algebraic equation with the sum of all the elements being your efficiency to produce better results on the field and the only variable that you can change being layout.
Key Design Considerations
- Number of rack stations: We recommend that your have one station for every 3 to 4 athletes.
- Space: Designing open space that can be used for warms-ups, SAQ, and a space for your athletes to compete.
- Auxiliary work: To maximize space we believe less is more, this is why we have developed our auxiliary training racks, so you can get more out of your space.
After the layout of your room is determined we build your room in our 3D CAD software. This allows you to see what your room is going to look like and helps you to understand how your athletes will flow through the facility. This is where the psychological element of facility design comes in as you are able to see what your equipment will look like with your school colors and logos.
3D Design Helps With:
- Visualization of the space you will train your athletes in.
- Communicating your facility to school boards and the community.
- Fundraising money for your project.
- Culture by increasing team pride and motivation.
After all your facility is perfectly designed to fit your program we move into the execution step. This is how we ensure that your facility turns out exactly how your want it. What makes us different is that we handle your installation ourselves we do not subcontract the work to an installation company.
- Removal of old equipment
- Installation of Ecore flooring
- Installation of Stray Dog equipment
- Un-packaging and placement of distribution items
- Final walk through and inspection
- Facility grand opening
After your grand opening your facility fits your programs training needs, it looks sharp, all of the equipment is perfectly functioning. The key is to keep your facility functioning this way for years to come and Equipment Guys will help you with that also! Think of your facility like a car every so many miles you need to change the oil and tires.
- Replacement/repair of ware items: upholstery, cables, plastics.
- Equipment upgrades: Stray Dog equipment is made to adapt and change to your training needs.
- Cultural: Have a new team moto for the year? We can help you by updating your banner braces on your racks to communicate this.
Click here to learn about the top five facility design mistakes that are made and how to avoid them!