Adjustable benches are a must have for any home gym. Their versatility allows you to work almost every muscle in your body, depending on how you use the weight bench. Most people associate a weight bench with bench pressing or weight lifting or maybe even sit-ups, but you can use adjustable benches for so much more than that.
Unconventional Fitness Workouts Using Only an Adjustable Bench
Some of the fitness exercises and workouts that you can do with adjustable benches require you to think outside of the box just a little bit. Self.com offers some of those out-of-the-box ways to use adjustable benches in your workout, which we’ll cover very briefly right here.
- 1. Hammy Helper – works your abs, butt, thighs, and hamstrings
- 2. Bear Walk – works your shoulders, arm, and abs
- 3. Waist Cincher – works your shoulders, back, abs, and obliques
- 4. Back Attack – works your abs, butt, and thighs
- 5. Hang Tough – works your shoulders, arms, and abs
- 6. Booty Bridge – works your butt and thighs
- 7. Armed and Ready – works your shoulders, arms, and back
- 8. Stop Everything – works your back, abs, butt, and hamstrings
Though they offer instructions for each of these moves, there is also a video that shows you exactly how to perform them.
The best part about these exercises is that the only piece of professional gym equipment that you’ll need to do them is an adjustable bench! No spotters, no weights, no bars, or even bands – just you and the weight bench.
The fact that adjustable benches are, well, adjustable makes them the perfect piece of home gym equipment to work some extra muscles. Depending on whether you incline the bench or decline it, you’re going to be able to do different workouts and strengthen different muscle groups. This article on how to use a weight bench briefly describes some of the differences between inclining and declining your bench.
Conventional Workouts with Adjustable Benches
If you like to use your adjustable bench for more traditional workouts, you still have plenty of options. This article on the best ab bench exercises offers up some conventional moves, which include:
- 1. Hip Raise
- 2. Hip Raise with Leg Raises
- 3. Crunch on Board
- 4. Sit-ups
- 5. Medicine Ball Abdominal Exercises
- 6. Leg Raising on Bench
The article has images at the bottom that depict the moves, but there are also two videos with fitness experts showing how they are done.
You can check out our adjustable benches (and nonadjustable benches) right here or stop in and see us at our Newark Ohio location. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.